bean salad lettuce wraps
I've been thinking about this recipe for a while, and then in China I had this delectable bean salad at a Buddhist run restaurant that inspired me to finally make it. This recipe serves 3-4 hungry people!
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- 1 can of black beans (drained)
- 1 can of lentils (drained)
- 1 handful of green beans (sliced)
- 1 small cucumber (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup of yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice (juice of one lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
Mix the beans, cucumber, pepper, onion and cherry tomatoes in a large bowl.
Add the olive oil, lime juice and salt + pepper.
Serve the bean salad in the romaine lettuce (the heart of the head works best!)