cauliflower turmeric healing stew
As the name suggests, this stew has healing powers. The power to to make you say 'yum' and also a key ingredient - turmeric - which has great anti-inflammatory effects and is also a strong antioxidant. It's a good stew to indulge in as we say hello to December and also that flu bug that likes to bother us before the holidays. This recipe makes 6 servings.
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced into coins
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 10 baby Yukon gold potatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric
- 2 Thai chilis, diced (optional if you like some spice)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of water
Toss all of the ingredients into a large pot on low heat on the stove, or in a crockpot, with the potatoes and carrots at the bottom, and the liquids and garlic last.
Let the mix cook for about 4 hours, or until the potatoes are cooked through. Stir occasionally.
**Alternatively you can cook it on medium heat for 2 hours to quicken up the process. But the slow cook process was extra delicious.**