cozy vegan chili
I'm always a little sad when summer leaves us, but autumn certainly has it's perks too. I love a cozy night in with a good veggie chili or stew. Knit sweaters, scarves and colourful trees aren't so bad either! I cook this in the crockpot and it lasts my partner and I for lunch all week. (10 small servings)
- 1 can of whole tomatoes (BPA FREE)
- 1 can of chickpeas (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 can of black beans (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup of yellow corn
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne if you like a little kick
- 1 cup of coconut milk (or water)
Cook the onions, garlic and the tomatoes for ten minutes in the slow cooker with the olive oil on high.
Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the spices and stir well. Continue cooking on high.
After the chili has been cooking for one hour, add in the spices and cook for another hour.
Stir every 20 minutes. Serve with whole grain gluten free bread or shredded Daiya vegan cheese.