go-to quinoa salad
I call this my go-to because it's easy to make, packed with nutrients and yummy for lunch. I typically like to have black beans or chickpeas in my quinoa salads but you can put whatever veggies and protein you like! This recipe makes about 5 servings.
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of yellow onion diced
- 1 carrot, cut into half coins
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil chopped
- 1 can of black beans (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 lemon, squeezed (about 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
Combine the two cups of quinoa with 4 cups of water in a pot.
Bring water to a boil.
Cover and reduce heat to low until quinoa is tender which takes about 10 minutes.
Strain the quinoa and toss with veggies and the dressing.
Pack for lunch!