hummus is yummus
Hummus with veggies is one of my favourite go-to snacks. For convenience, I suggest making a batch of hummus at the beginning of the week and chopping up some cucumber, pepper or celery. Having those items stored in your fridge will help tide you over when you're feeling snacky! This recipe makes about 4 servings.
- 1 can (or 1 and 1/2 cups) of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- pinch of salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of water
Blend all ingredients. Add a bit more water if you prefer to change the consistency.
I love a little (big) kick, so I throw a ghost pepper in my hummus. It's also great with roasted pepper or baked sweet potato added in. Yummus!