- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 BPA free can of whole tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 BPA free can of chickpeas
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- Half a head of purple cabbage, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
Turn the slow cooker on high.
Add onion, garlic and olive oil. Let cook for 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas, spinach, peppers, jalapeno, cabbage and sweet potato.
Cook for 2 hours, checking and stirring every 30 minutes.
Add rosemary and chili powder. Stir spices in. Cook for another hour.
The stew should be ready after 3 hours of cooking in the slow cooker on high.
The sweet potatoes should be cooked through.
*if you’re using a regular pot on the stove, you can do the recipe on low-medium heat using the same directions*