simple almond flour bread
Let's be serious, bread is delicious. However, it's not so much fun for people who are sensitive to gluten. A lot of store bought bread is also packed with sugar and preservatives. This is a simple recipe that uses almond flour as the base. WARNING: your whole home might smell like a delightful bakery.
This recipe was assigned to me at the Academy of Culinary Nutrition.
- 2 and 1/4 cups of almond flour
- 5 flax seed eggs (1 tablespoon of ground flax to 3 tablespoons of water per egg. Let chill for 10 mins)
- 1/4 cup of ground flax
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon of organic maple syrup
- pinch of salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients in a food processor.
Mix wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and blend.
The mix should form a thick dough.
Pour batter into a small bread pan.
Bake for 40 minutes or until outside is crisp and you can stick a toothpick into the loaf and it comes out clean.