tuscany style bean stew
Tuscany was one of my favourite regions in Italy for food. This recipe is inspired by the flavours I experienced travelling around the area. Tuscans cooked with a lot of beans tomatoes- a delicious combination in my opinion! This stew makes about 6 servings.
- 1 can of whole tomatoes with liquid
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 can of lentils
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of white kidney beans
- 1 can of white cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary (dried or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- dash of salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Add all ingredients to a large pot and cook on medium for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
If using slow cooker, add all ingredients and cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Add 1/2 cup of water if you prefer the stew to be less thick.